Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Recovery from Brain Surgery

Well, this week has been eventful so far. On the 25th, I had open brain surgery to have a tumor removed, which when he opened me up basically just fell out, so no worries about cancer, however I do have 34 staples in my head at the moment going from the front of my right ear to the middle of my forehead bhind my headline.

Then I get an email that an adopter got a bag of the FM Brown's Tropical Carnival, which is the food I use for the base of my own mix, that has soy in it. So I have been emailing Sue Brown and calling FM Brown's to get everything resolved with this. However, this has set my study back a few months because now all of my rats have been exposed to soy, including my second generation soy free rats, so we will be back to the beginning with all of that now.

I have been posting on my FB page about the emails back and forth and I did send Sue Brown some articles and studies to read, so hopefully she will take it into consideration and will put the original recipe back into use. I am not holding my breath that they will replace the food that has soy in it, but it would be nice. I will try to post an update on the Soy and Rats blog later, once I have an answer from FM Brown's about the soy being in the mix

Tami
Social Rats Adoption and Rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment